NYC die-in; 140 arrested

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Mar 27 19:36:23 PST 2003

Paul_A wrote:

> I did observe one disturbing possible trend. A tiny number of VERY
> aggressive counter demonstrators showed up to midtown and to an NYU
> demonstration. They had clearly been pre-organized as a group and the
> police finessed the logistics so that they remained in the very middle
> of the demonstrations, even though the counter-demonstrators were thus
> blocking the sidewalks (protestors were quickly arrested if they did
> this). Aside from trying to provoke fights, the counter-demonstrators
> were then assured almost equal time in the press reports. And many of
> the visual shots appeared to show two equal sized groups arguing.
> Never mind that the numbers were 50 to 1. Later, I personally
> observed one counter demonstrator exchanging phone numbers with a
> police supervisor.

Thanks for pointing this out! I smelled something fishy in the news reports I've read about the New York protests. The reaction of the "counter-demonstrators" was way out of whack with the mood of most people, especially in New York. The people who support the war, aren't rabid about it.

You would think that the Freepers might have organized this, but they are just too stupid. My guess is that the NYPD is up to something or the Bush administration. Don't underestimate the involvement of the police. Some stuff is just coming to light here in Washington about what the police have been doing to local activism.

Does anybody else smell something fishy about that story of the National Guard person in Vermont getting stoned by teenagers?

Hill and Knowlton? Bush administration?

Chuck0