Wash. Post reportage (was: Re: Does Perle Resignation Mean Anything?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 05:53:05 PST 2003

>From: Kelley <the-squeeze at pulpculture.org>
>
>As far as I know, the Admin has _never_ said it'd be a cakewalk. Never.

Ridiculous. The Administration and its media acolytes were loudly advertising how easy victory would be once Iraq was shocked-and-awed and US troops started handing out candy bars to an admiring and grateful Iraqi public.

If, as you say ...

>A lengthier war than the public might have hoped for--or expected given
>GW1--was intended ...

... then the Administration can get nailed for consumer fraud -- bait-and-switch sales tactics -- as well as war crimes.

This is the ultimate no-win situtation for the US:

1) We lose if we lose -- i.e., get tied up in a protracted guerrilla war that will make the over-equipped US military look as ridiculous as it did in Vietman.

2) We lose if we win -- i.e., kick the shit out of Iraq, producing mounds of bodies of ragtag militia and civilians, confirming the global view of the US as mother-of-all-bullies.

The US hasn't been this screwed since the Tet offensive.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963