cakewalk: a history

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Fri Mar 28 09:38:36 PST 2003

At 12:21 PM 3/28/03 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Yet, civilian and military sources high in the government now believe
>coalition forces, short on manpower, must rely on air power to win the
>battle of Baghdad. Clearly, it is no cakewalk.

Did you see O'Reilly last night on this? Since they're not repeating it at 11 EST, I'm missing most of his show since he came back from vaca or wherever he went. Still, I caught this one just as I returned home. He had a softball "debate" with a former Gen'l who went on and on about how "now it's time to bomb 'em. now it's time to show no restraint since they've shown none. Gotta protect the troops. They are vulnerable, working as hard as they are. The gov made a mistake, now it's time to rectify it. They're putting up a good fight, but these guys are playing dirty. Beside, if civilians are fighting back, then they're legit targets and not just in self-defense."

Cheeeeee--rist.

O'Reilly played the one saying "No, you can't kill women and children. It's just wrong." But of course, he wasn't good ole aggressive Bill debating some lefty that is no match for his debate tactics. Faux Wrestling.