Monster's Ball

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 13:14:31 PST 2003

I dont think you have lost it. That film had a lot of potential that it did not realize.I found it voyeuristic in the way that it treated the couple's love affair. It was sort of like one of those porn movies featuring inter-racial sex. It tried to make a statement on capital punishment, but it was rather weak there.

-Thomas --- joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com> wrote:
> OK. This is off the war subject, but I just saw
> "Monster's Ball" last night
> and thought it was one of the most racist movies
> I've ever seen. Have I
> lost it or what?
>
> Joanna

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"