Columbia prof calls for "million Mogadishus"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:13:05 PST 2003

[Hmm, somehow I suspect this phrase won't make it out of beta testing as a rallying cry for war opponents.]

Columbia Prof Calls for Deaths of American Troops

Friday, March 28, 2003

Fox News

An academic furor was brewing Friday over a Columbia University professor who told thousands of students and faculty that he would like to see the United States defeated in Iraq and suffer "a million Mogadishus" -- referring to the 1993 ambush in Somalia that killed 18 Americans.

The professor, Nicholas De Genova, told a "teach-in" on Wednesday that "the only true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the U.S. military." De Genova also asserted Americans who call themselves "patriots" are white supremacists.

De Genova's hopes for the defeat of the United States were cheered by the crowd of 3,000, according to newspaper reports. But his mention of the Somali ambush -- "I personally would like to see a million Mogadishus" -- was largely met with silence. ...

<http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82532,00.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus