Radio Doug

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 29 11:37:15 PST 2003

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I have yet to see anyone explain a social event in terms of
>pscycho-social factors without reaching the same conclusions that he/she
>would have reached _not_ invoking psycho-social factors.

Another point, not unrelated to my last: you can't understand why poorer whites, especially men, in the U.S. vote against their material interests without examining issues of sex and race - the thrill that comes with belonging to the dominant group (whites, men), and anxiety over what might happen if the oppressed groups were allowed freer reign.

Doug