monster's ball

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sat Mar 29 14:54:33 PST 2003

"This is off the war subject, but I just saw "Monster's Ball" last night

and thought it was one of the most racist movies I've ever seen. Have I lost it or what?"

then I lost it, too, though I don't think it was one of the most, just very...hope you're referring to the relative animalism of the berry character, which embarassed me....she is beautiful, and was very good, but the sexual "attack" scene was really too much...

also, was very impressed with all the male actors, especially billie jo or whatever his name is...some great work, but still left me a bit aghhast at the "black woman as hot stuff" depiciton, with hardly anybody criticising that aspect, at least to my knowledge...until now?

fs