croaks from the frog

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 05:08:46 PST 2003

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:47:29 -0500
> From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>
> Subject: Re:
>
> These two examples are cases of the USG using what may be true
> ("Saddam has weapons of mass destruction") and what is true (many
> unions are "corrupt") as pretexts for what it wants to do anyway
> (make war, bust unions). How are these examples related to the media
> coverage of Iraqi resistance, US political errors, military troubles,
> low morale of US/UK soldiers, etc.? In what way are they "the same"?
> - --
> Yoshie
>
> ^^^^^

CB: I don't mean this as an "answer" , but I thought I'd throw in here that this reminds of the definition and anatomy of demogogy. Demogogues mix mostly truth with strategic lies in order to hook their listeners.

The monopoly media , of course, only lies strategically. Most of what they say is true, because if they lied all the time, people would find out too much and not trust them. That may be part of the reason for these accurate reports.