Radio Doug

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Mar 30 19:01:10 PST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Ellen Willis was quoted as saying:

> In any case, the war between Israel and the Arab and Islamic worlds has
> never been only about conflicting claims to a piece of land, the
> homelessness of the Palestinians, or the occupation of the West Bank;
> if it were, it would have been settled long ago.

This reminds me of an exchange on Absolutely Fabulous when Edina was touting some new quack method for losing weight. Her daughter said, "There's no mystery why you're overweight. You eat too much, you drink too much, and you don't take any exercise." And Edina answered in a voice dripping with condescension, "If it was that simple, darling, *everybody* would be doing it."

Michael