Did Washington underestimate Iraqi resolve? (FWD: Jane's Defence Weekly)

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 05:28:37 PST 2003

Why should ordinary Iraqis trust the US? Why after 12 years of embargo, bombing, and hostile treatment, not to mention the latest diplomatic fiasco should ANY Iraqi trust any of the US's propaganda?

To put it another way, I am not real crazy about George Bush. I aim to do whatever I can in the name of "regime change" in 2004. I am not even real crazy about the supposedly sacred right to take up arms in self-defense. But if any hostile power ever attacked the territory of the US the way that the US is attacking Iraq, no matter how much I dislike George Bush, no matter how much propaganda I were being fed about how the whole exercise is "for my own good," I would probably do everything I could to frustrate the invasion.

Why should anyone except arrogant idiots drunk on their own conception of themselves expect anything less of the Iraqis?

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030331/42301258/attachment.htm>