Pro-wars envy anti-wars' "deep pockets"

maria.gilmore maria.gilmore at netzero.net
Mon Mar 31 13:01:54 PST 2003

This is always very scary to me when I see it in print or hear people say it. It's so disconnected from the truth, I wonder are these people deliberately lying their asses off? Or are they truly deluded into thinking that the "liberal" voice is actually well bankrolled and is alive and well? Or is the delusion that, since discourse has wrenched so far to the right, even an occasionally-faintly-liberal-but primarily-centrist position is regarded by these people as "leftist"? Since that's the essential feel of what is put out by ABC, NBC, and CBS, that's why they think there's some big well-funded "leftist" monolith out there? I'd like to know if other people like me really struggle with the flat-out irrationality of all this. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at mutualaid.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 12:00 PM Subject: Re: Pro-wars envy anti-wars' "deep pockets"