[lbo-talk] Lukashenko & Belarus

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 12:15:56 PDT 2003

> When I was 20 I'd sneer at a Laqueur. Read his
> stuff...if you still
> sneer at his stuff, then offer some critique beyond,
> "Oh Lord."

If you're suggesting I'm 20, I thank you for the compliment.

I've read enough of Laqueur to know that I shouldn't waste my time reading any more. There's absolutely nothing novel in what aims as insight. Pure establishment stuff, like an extended Newsweek feature. And he doesn't even get names and proper nouns right. With researchers working for you and the grant money barrelling in, there's no excuse for such sloppiness or such egregious writing under the gun.