[lbo-talk] Re: who is jewish

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Thu May 1 13:55:09 PDT 2003

At 11:46 AM 05/01/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> But the long and short of it is that you have try to understand it. Of
> course you can dismiss it as as a lot of superstitious claptrap, but then
> you will miss the opportunity to try to understand phenomena that are
> real and imporatnt, if not ruled by formal logic.

I did not dismiss it as superstitious claptrap, nor did I address myself to the issue of conversion -- just to the issue of what would constitute "proof" of Jewishness as determined by blood. And this does not involve either religious belief or cultural practice. If I'm wrong, I wait to be corrected.

Joanna