[lbo-talk] Re: outsourcing BS production

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 08:30:28 PDT 2003

>From: joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com>
>
>The jobs are leaving. They are going, going, gone. I flatter myself that
>because technical writing still fares best when done by a very skilled
>English speaker/writer, my job will be secure for a while.

Good luck. One quote from that Reuters article that started this thread was very ominous: "If it can be done by sitting at a desk in front of a computer, then it can be done abroad." The Wall Street Journal reported some more details from the A.T. Kearney study that was the source for much of the Reuters report, including this arresting factoid: "A Wall Street researcher with a college business degree and a few years experience can earn as much as $250,000, compared with $20,000 in India." Bye-bye, Broad Street; hello, Bombay!

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail