[lbo-talk] Neoconservatism as identifiable ideology

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 4 08:45:07 PDT 2003

Chip Berlet wrote:

>But where I work we have been studying the neoconservative movement as a
>consistent and self-identified movement for close to 20 years. We shelve
>their books together in our library. We discuss them in our publications.
>We know who they are. They know who they are.

Could you give a concise definition? Were I to try, it'd focus on their love of morality, hierarchy, the use of state power to enforce both, their fondness for imperialism, and their relative indifference to economic issues - most of which contrast them to libertarians (and their elitism separates them from more demotic conservatives). But you're the expert.

Doug