[lbo-talk] Re: A lot to A.N.S.W.E.R. for, By Edward Grossman in the Jerusalem Post

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 5 20:12:16 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> I find it very amusing and empowering that the American right wing is
>> so obsessed with the left wing right now.

> The other week I got a copy of a booklet from FrontPageMagazine.com
> called "Who Is The Peace Movement?", made up of articles from their
> website by Horowitz and the gang. It's pretty hysterical stuff, full of
> redbaiting and the like. The cover photo is a beaut: demonstrators from
> an unidentified time and place carrying a banner reading "We support our
> troops when they SHOOT their officers."

Yeah, I saw that pamphlet advertised on their stupid website. It seems that the FPM cretins can only get attention by continuing the stuggle against evil communism. They are like the mythical Japanese soldier who is lost in the jungle, fighting WW II, years after it ended. They are kind of like the flip side of Overthrow.com.

I happen to know the people who were involved in making that banner. I've thanked them for finding an anti-war message that has the right wing foaming at the mouth. It's kind of fun to see that small group of extremist wingnuts lose their cool once in a while.

The American left needs to quit pussyfooting around about the Patriot Act and being repressed by whatever. We need to recognize that there are many of us out there. We need to be more confrontational, more outspoken, and stick to our radical ideas.

All of those lefties who shit in their pants by resorting to "we support the troops too" should go sit in the corner.

Like I told my mom last week, after she told me about going to a pro-troop rally and asked me if I supported the troops:

"Fuck, no!" I told her.

Chuck0