[lbo-talk] Re: Philosophical Gourmet

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue May 6 13:20:13 PDT 2003

To think that academia is especially discriminating in who it lets in and who it keeps out is silly. But Chuck Grimes has accused me of sour grapes for making comments like these, so I'll stop. Joanna

As you know, that was a joke. The implication was a snide put down of who does becomes successful and runs academia these days. In other words, it was suppose to confirm your judgment, not argue against it.

In any event, it is a shame Bennett left academia. He would have made such a great department chair, perhaps even become a much celebrated Dean at UCB. For example, it is quite an amusing thought to consider Dean Bennett ruling over professors Feyerabend, Dreyfus and Searle.

Chuck Grimes