[lbo-talk] DU dangerous? fuck you!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 08:58:24 PDT 2003

Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

How does depleted uranium rate as a material for making dirty bombs out of?

Along with our lackadaisacally letting the Tuwaltha reactor site get looted, we seem to be almost going out of our way arm our enemies. * * *

Rates poorly. You probably wouldn't want to ingest a lot of it, but it's really not very radioactive. Al Qaida (or whoever) could probably cause a panic with a DU "dirty" bomb because people are afraid of anything with uranium in it. (Interesting how one's attitude changes -- people who poo poo dropping hundreds of tons of DU in Iraq would feel differently if it were dropped in Illinois.) However, if they wanted to do damage, as opposed to panic, they would probably look at something more lethal.

jks