[lbo-talk] right-wing campus papers bloom

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 7 14:28:31 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Los Angeles Times - May 7, 2003

> The reason, the students say, is a mad-as-hell feeling among campus
> conservatives that they are the only ones in academia who seemed to
> notice that the world changed after the Sept. 11 attacks on America.
> They say they have watched aghast as left-leaning professors and student
> leaders blamed America for the attacks. So now they're starting their
> own guerrilla publications, often styled as unbridled opinion journals,
> to drum up support on campus for President Bush and the Iraq war.

What a bunch of dumbshits who are fighting the 60s all over again. Has anybody bothered to tell these cretins that the Left is no longer based on college campuses? I always get a big laugh when I read some conservative screed about Berkeley, which just shows that these guys are stuck in the 60s. Campus radicalism exists on most college campuses these days, not just a few "radical" ones.

It's also funny that the campus conservatives are so insecure that they feel compelled to resort to the stuff they did in the 80s. I guess that they are feeling threatened by all those anarchist student newspapers on college campuses.

We did learn a thing or two from the conservative student movement of the 1980s.

Chuck0