[lbo-talk] More proof that this is the end of Western Civilization

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 8 12:42:56 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>The following link (which I did not open) showed up in my bulk mail
>bin -- I here merely quote it (verbatim, orthography and all) rather
>than provide the link:
>
>xwRE: Extreme Acts of IRaqi woman rape and torture.. nf

I've gotten about 20 of these in the last few days - different headings, but with the same graphic. Some of the headers suggested that the Iraqi women welcomed the rape to show gratitude for their liberation - a formulation that probably says more about the U.S. idea of liberation than George Bush ever could.

Doug