[lbo-talk] Re: woj and America

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 14:20:10 PDT 2003

Which tells you nothing much. All behavior is the outcome of the interplay of genetics and environment. There's nothing else to explain it! We already knew that hierarchical behavior is consistent with the range of possibilities provided by human genetics. The only interesting sociobiologiacl claims with bite are ones that egalitarian behavior is not conistent with the range of possibilities, at least given the tradeoffs available. (Thus is might be argued that we could force people to be equal only if they were totally unfree and very poor.) Of course there is virtually no evidence for any such claims. Therefore mentioning the genetic compenent in human behavior is idle or ideological. jks

Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote: ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gail Brock" To: Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 4:46 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: woj and America

> Most humans appear to be quite hierarchical

So do most apes--thus I draw the inference that social hiearchies are almost certainly manifestations of particular genetic traits.

-- Luke