[lbo-talk] Hitch the Snitch

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Fri May 9 19:12:03 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin sent in this excerpt from the Sidney Blumenthal memoir of the Clinton White House:

> "As we walked out of the room, Clinton put his arm around me and made a
> remark that echoed what I had told him the day the scandal broke, in our
> Oval Office conversation. 'You know," he said with a grin, 'you shouldn't
be
> hanging around crazy people.' I laughed and said, 'You know, that's good
> advice.' "

I have to say that despite all my disagreements with Hitchens, I find Blumenthal's smarminess very disagreeable. So Clinton told him to stay away from "crazy people" -- well, if only Bill had stayed away from Dick Morris and Monica ... surely not any saner than Hitchens.