[lbo-talk] Joan Walsh: Bennett bashing and beyond

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri May 9 22:06:06 PDT 2003

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2003/05/09/bennett/index_np.html

[BTW, speaking of mea culpas, I was completely wrong a week ago when this story first emerged and we debated it. My position was entirely based on my mistaken assumption that his main vice was high stakes *poker*, which I thought was perfectly easy to reconcile with his principles because it was a game of consummate self-control. But now that I realize the only thing he ever played were poker-flavored slot machines, I agree with everyone else. It's completely irreconcilable with everything he's ever said.]

Michael