[lbo-talk] Re: Americans pay more for health care but receive less in return

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri May 9 23:02:40 PDT 2003

>For some reason I didn't get this as email.
>
>All I meant by affordable was in the macro
>sense. We're paying for it, so it's affordable.
>Under current trends, if it went to, oh, 25
>percent of GDP, we would revise our view of
>'affordability.'

Do you mean that would justify rationing HC more than it is already?

Isn't this what the American Enterprise Institute says in its arguments against Medicaid and Medicare -- that public healthcare is not sustainable, that it will grow and eat up all the budget. Funny they don't see the military that way.

Marta --