[lbo-talk] FT: Bringing the Shah Back in

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sun May 11 16:30:30 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com>

> [I wonder who the money is behind the AEI? They sure publish a lot of
> books that a normal profit oriented publisher wouldn't have. Which both
> circulates their ideas and gives them unwarranted respectability.
> Especially when they then call well-catered conferences to discuss them
in
> Washington.]

The 1994 edition of Herbert Stein's "Presidential Economics: The Making of Economic Policy from Roosevelt to Clinton" has a list of sponsors in the back of the book. I don't know if it's exhaustive, some have dropped off due to M&A's/Corp. restructuring and others surely have come on board. Here's the biz. part of the list:

Dow Chemical CIGNA Corp. Blount Inc. Procter&Gamble Geneva Steel Company Union Camp Corporation Cox Oil & Gas Forbes Inc. Hellman & Friedman Motorola Smith Barney Shearson Coca-Cola Texaco FMC Corp. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance GTE Forstmann Little & Co.