[lbo-talk] Brownsville documentary

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon May 12 06:54:39 PDT 2003

A couple years ago I saw a tremendous documentary on Brownsville and the New York teacher's strike at a film festival that is now playing on TV, at least in New York. It's 90 minutes long and explains an enormous amount about the change in black/Jewish relations that took place during the late sixties -- and about the birth of neoconservatism.

In New York it's playing today at 1 pm and 5pm and about a dozen more times in the next two weeks on Channel 95.

To find the times of other screenings -- or to find out if it's playing in your town, if you don't live in New York -- check out the "search tv listings" function on http://www.tvguide.com/ It's a great resource for just this sort of question.

Anyway I highly recommend the documentary.

Michael