[lbo-talk] It's a Holiday Inn Oklahoma

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Tue May 13 15:19:28 PDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Would I be leaping to unfair conclusions, Yankee style, to say that
> Texas is alternately (and sometimes simultaneously) a frightening and
> ridiculous place? Are there redeeming factors I'm overlooking?

One develops an appreciation of the surreal, the ironic, and the perverse rather quickly. By the age of 13, when still in Dallas, I was writing school reports on Andre Breton and Dadaist founder Tristan Tzara. It's the only way to cope.

As Guilherme said, however, Austin is a great town.

Brian

PS The anarchist response to the 56 Democrats having fled Texas to seek refuge in Ardmore, Oklahoma, has been: "56 down, 94 more to go." Yeehaw!