[lbo-talk] CPE summer institute

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 14 10:54:43 PDT 2003

Center for Popular Economics 25th Annual Summer Institute August 3-9, 2003 Smith College - Northampton, MA

The Summer Institute is a week-long intensive training in economics for activists, educators, and anyone who wants a better understanding of economics. We focus on how economic systems impact our lives and work every day. NO BACKGROUND IN ECONOMICS IS REQUIRED. Although activists from all over the world attend the summer institutes, classes and workshops are taught in English.

Special Track for 2003: "Anti-War Economics for Activists" - In addition to the customary US Economics curriculum and the International Economics curriculum, this year we will also be offering an Anti-War Economics for Activists curriculum.

Keynote Speaker: Maliha Chishti, Former Director of the Hague Appeal for Peace Maliha is studying the impact of human rights aid and peace-building efforts in Afghanistan, Iraq and Sierra Leone.

The Center for Popular Economics PO Box 785 Amherst, MA 01004 (413) 545-0743 programs at populareconomics.org http://populareconomics.org