[lbo-talk] CPE summer institute

Westrich, James james.westrich at umassmed.edu
Wed May 14 12:12:04 PDT 2003

Well, as a former CPE staffer (and Summer Institute instructor) I can generally recommend the sessions. There are people of different levels in the classes (usually HS educated, but many with college) so the level of instruction will vary year to year (usually the US curricula is less advanced than the international).

As a current "friend" of the CPE, I can also add that in addition to the US economy institute (usually the most basic curriculum), international institute, and new "anti-war" institute (actually depending on how many people sign up this may not be a separate curriculum but an add-on to the other curricula) there will be an Environmental Justice curriculum. I know some of the teachers who will likely teach this summer and they sound like a good group.

Jim

"It's time to break wind where the shrinking violets grow."

--Jon Langford