[lbo-talk] Who are the top Americans running Iraq?

Nomiprins at aol.com Nomiprins at aol.com
Thu May 15 09:35:49 PDT 2003

The latest comprehensive report from Jan Oberg and the TFF crew about the US 'civilian administration' cronies.

Nomi

"They are not accountable to anyone, except President Bush and Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld. Their operations and decisions are not transparent to the world community or any world organisation."

<A HREF="http://www.transnational.org/pressinf/2003/pf183_AmericansInIraqPart1.html">http://www.transnational.org/pressinf/2003/pf183_AmericansInIraqPart1.html</A>

D O   Y O U   W A N T   T O   K N O W T H E   A M E R I C A N S   R U N N I N G   I R A Q ? 32 portraits - the most comprehensive analysis of the Americans in Iraq May 14, 2003

We've been told that the United States is in Iraq to do good and help the Iraqis. The truth is, however, that the Bush regime is setting up a basically military administration in Iraq.

They are people with a background in the far-right of the Republican Party, the Israel lobby, Perle and Wolfowitz henchmen, central to the war on terror, to the Homeland Defence authorities, to anti-ABM and pro-Ballistic Missile Defence (Star Wars), close to conservative think tanks, affiliated with mercenary companies, the military-industrial complex (MIC) and CIA.

They are former "stabilisers" in Bosnia and Kosovo, and Marine Corps-people (many in Vietnam); they are private consulting firm executives affiliated with the inner circles of power in Washington. And, of course, several are associated with the oil industry, the computer industry as well as the media and public relations industry. With a few exceptions they are Pentagon and not State Department people, they are generals and technocrats.

These people are perfectly fit to "do" Iraq for the US and totally unsuitable for the Iraqis. They are not accountable to anyone, except President Bush and Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld. Their operations and decisions are not transparent to the world community or any world organisation. But they claim to introduce freedom and democracy in Iraq.

32 portraits of the occupying Americans, with detailed documentation. The most comprehensive analysis of the new masters of Iraq.

Says author Jan Oberg of TFF: - Like in Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan, the media flock to the wars and leave when the "peace"-building after it begins. Unfortunately, it is now the real battle for Iraq and its future is being fought. - And unfortunately, the millions of war protesters do not seem to be able to get their acts together now in a peace movement in solidarity with the Iraqis whose resources, education, economy, society and leadership is being colonised. - Why have we not seen this type of systematic analysis with documentation in our daily newspaper, on television or coming out of multi-million dollar research institutes? Why have the media presented much more (mostly unsubstantiated) information about 55 top Iraqis, tastelessly depicted on a deck of cards, than about these American rulers of Iraq?