[lbo-talk] CW in Matrix

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sat May 17 08:15:54 PDT 2003

>> Seems to me Sharpton-baiting is race-baiting.

>> john mage

> He'd like you to think so, I'm sure. But Sharpton's done his share of

> race-baiting in the past, esp when he teamed with C. Vernon Mason

> and the despicable Alton Maddox, a master race-baiter and general

> lunatic. Rev. Al's done a lot to make up for that period in his life,

> to the degree that even Ed Koch now likes him. I'm all for

> redemption, but don't know if I'd go that far.

> DP

Right about Maddox, from my one (disgusting) experience.

Rev. Al got major points when he played a key role in organizing the biggest (multi-ethnic !) challenge the fascistic Giuliani faced, and over the right issue - the police.

Whatever his stupidities were about Brawley & that crew 15 (20?) years ago, its just not in the same league with the politicians who voted for the Patriot Act (less than two years ago) or for the war.

Not even if Brawley had been last year.

john mage