[lbo-talk] Reloaded

Quenby Alclaire flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 16:57:05 PDT 2003

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> For those who care, I just saw "Matrix Reloaded." Open to discussion.
>
> DP

i am not going to see it and i haven't seen the first one either...i saw 'Hero' and it has matrix style computer effects (it was 'Matrixized'?). The sucking produced by Matrixization is inate. I was previously completely ambivalent to all things Matrix...it was a nice feeling, like i imagine an elderly hermit must feel. but i had to see 'Hero' though. it's a HK wuxia/swordplay epic with pseudo historical references regarding the unification of China. The cinamatography is excellent much like a Kurosawa film but the computer effects, while minimally used and well done, sucked. therefore by deduction 'Matrix Reloaded' sucks. Factor in the presence of Keanu 'whoa' Reeves and i don't see what the big deal is.

~M.E.