[lbo-talk] Using the label "fascist"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat May 17 18:04:10 PDT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003 20:25:26 EDT, <BrownBingb at aol.com> wrote:

And
> as the serious and honest anti-fascists of the 30's said, "there is no
> premature anti-fascism"

For this Charles will contact SDUSA HQ in D.C., send in whatever their dues are, and have them send me a membership card, heh.

The myth of "premature anti-fascism" by Harvey Klehr & John E. Haynes .
> From The New Criterion Vol. 21, No. 1 ...
http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/21/sept02/spain.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (I have the Proletarian Publishers (of San Francisco in the 70's) reprint of a book, CB, doubtless knows of and might have read, "The Secret War Against Russia, " by Stalinoids, Sayers and Kahn.Full of slanderous rubbish on Trotsky and all the Old Bolsheviks killed by JVS, as supposed Nazi- fascists. Yup, Bukharin, a fascist and all the rest.)   <URL: http://www.marx2mao.org/Stalin/SCPUSA29.html > FOREWORD

    Proletarian Publishers has printed Stalin's three speeches on the American Communist Party in order to accomplish two tasks. The first is to dispel the myth that the CPUSA was ever a bolshevik party in the tradition of Lenin and Stalin. Such views are now being advanced together with the idea that William Z. Foster was a great Marxist-Leninist in order to divert Marxist-Leninists in this country from the historic task of building a true, multinational Marxist-Leninist Communist Party in this country. We do not need a new version of the old CPUSA but a party in the tradition of Lenin and Stalin.

    The second is to expose the evils of factionalism and American Exceptionalism. These were rife in the CPUSA in 1929 just as they are today. No party can survive such deviations without the most ruthless struggle to expose and correct such errors.

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy