[lbo-talk] Granma cites LaRoucheite book on the Bush family

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun May 18 08:31:54 PDT 2003

And, Granma, Radio Havana and the CCP know of LaRouche via this Aznarez. <URL: http://larouchein2004.net/pages/other/2002/020422eirpronbrazilslander.htm >
> ...EIR has openend an investigation regarding the intelligence networks
> involved, but already has a substantial dossier in place. “Author
> Jakobskind himself gave it away,” the EIR spokesman said. “In his
> response to a letter written by EIR's Brazil office and published in
> Tribuna da Imprensa on April 19, and which refuted each of his lies,
> Jakobskind asserts that his information came from `the journalist Carlos
> Aznarez... who is an experienced professional whom I have no reason to
> doubt.'

“Aznarez, it turns out, is a Basque-Argentine based in Madrid, who runs an internet magazine, Resumen Latino-Americano, which publishes propaganda messages from the Colombian FARC, among other terrorists, and which has links to Mexico's EZLN, and Cuban publications Granma and Juventud Rebelde. Aznarez is also published by the Red Basque Network, Euskadi Information Network, and other such promoters of the terrorist Basque separatist ETA.”

“But Aznarez is not the original author of the slander either,” the EIR spokesman elaborated. “We have traced the fabrication back to Cuban intelligence itself. On Dec. 6, 2001, two pro-Chavez Deputies in Venezuela's National Assembly, Defense Commission head Maj. Francisco Ameliach and Capt. Pedro Carreno, called a press conference to reveal that they had received a dossier from unnamed `intelligence services' which allegedly proved--with photographs, pictures, telephone taps and a grid of travel between Miami and the Dominican Republic--that ex-president Perez, Carmona, Ortega, `a U.S. Congressman,' and Miami's anti-Castro Cubans, were running an operation to oust Chavez, and that Lyndon LaRouche was involved in the meetings as well. The next day, Radio Havana used the Venezuelan Deputies' story--which most likely originated in Cuba in the first place-- to put out a wire which repeated the concoction.”

The spokesman for LaRouche's EIR magazine concluded: “The lies should stop-- for the peace and stability of Venezuela and the region.” ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, an excellent lefty documentary on the attempted Venezuelan coup, main subject of the above URL, is CHAVEZ: INSIDE THE COUP Kim Bartley & Donnacha O'Briain, Ireland, 2002. A month ago I viewed it via a link at Yahoo Full Coverage Venezuela pg. via Apple Quick Time player. No URL now though. <URL: http://www.google.com/search?q=CHAVEZ:+INSIDE+THE+COUP+Kim+Bartley+%26+Donnacha+O'Briain,+Ireland,+2002>

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy