[lbo-talk] culture notes: Dylan decked by Gershon

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 19 10:22:24 PDT 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - May 19, 2003

THE DAY DYLAN GOT DECKED

BOB Dylan might want to hang up his boxing gloves. The singing-and-songwriting legend was once knocked out by sexy actress Gina Gershon, who says she sparred with Dylan at a gym in Los Angeles and clobbered him after he punched her in the nose. "I just saw red and exploded," she told Webster Hall art curator Baird Jones at the premiere of "The In-Laws" the other night. "I charged back at him and threw a real haymaker overhand right and caught him square on the tip of the jaw. Bob took the punch hard and went right down on his back. Lying flat on the mat. Bob wasn't moving, like he was out cold. I really thought I had broken his jaw. All my rage evaporated and I started to cry. But Bob was just lying there smiling at me and he said in this smooth Midwestern drawl, 'That's just what I need, a good woman to kick my butt now and then.' "