[lbo-talk] 911 urban legend?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue May 20 12:42:43 PDT 2003

I know I'm overposted today, but, I posted the other day on this. Here 'tis if anyone bothered to follow the URL.

Why do I bother?

http://mckinneysucks.blogspot.com/2002_07_01_mckinneysucks_archive.html
> ...45. September 6-7, 2001 ? 4,744 put options (a speculation that the
> stock will go down) are purchased on United Air Lines stock as opposed to
> only 396 call options (speculation that the stock will go up). This is a
> dramatic and abnormal increase in sales of put options. Many of the UAL
> puts are purchased through Deutschebank/AB Brown, a firm managed until
> 1998 by the current Executive Director of the CIA, A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard.
> [Source: The Herzliyya International Policy Institute for
> Counterterrorism, http://www.ict.org.il/, September 21; The New York
> Times; The Wall Street Journal.]

46. September 10, 2001 - 4,516 put options are purchased on American Airlines as compared to 748 call options. [Source: ICT ? above]

47. September 6-11, 2001 - No other airlines show any similar trading patterns to those experienced by UAL and American. The put option purchases on both airlines were 600% above normal. This at a time when Reuters (September 10) issues a business report stating, "Airline stocks may be poised to take off."

48. September 6-10, 2001 ? Highly abnormal levels of put options are purchased in Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, AXA Re(insurance) which owns 25% of American Airlines, and Munich Re. All of these companies are directly impacted by the September 11 attacks. [Source: ICT, above; FTW, Vol. IV, No.7, October 18, 2001, http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/oct152001.html.]

49. It has been documented that the CIA, the Israeli Mossad and many other intelligence agencies monitor stock trading in real time using highly advanced programs reported to be descended from Promis software. This is to alert national intelligence services of just such kinds of attacks. Promis was reported, as recently as June, 2001 to be in Osama bin Laden?s possession and, as a result of recent stories by FOX, both the FBI and the Justice Department have confirmed its use for U.S. intelligence gathering through at least this summer. This would confirm that CIA had additional advance warning of imminent attacks. [Sources: The Washington Times, June 15, 2001; FOX News, October 16, 2001; FTW, October 26, 2001; FTW, Vol. IV, No.6, Sept. 18, 2001; FTW, Vol. 3, No 7, 9/30/00

I?ve grouped these items together, as they all say the same thing: the CIA had to have known about (if they were not involved in it themselves) the suspicious trading of "put options" of airline stocks prior to 9/11. Ruppert, apparently with a straight face, suggests CIA involvement based on the fact that the purchases were made through a firm once led by a senior CIA official, Buzzy Krongard. One would think that if the CIA were involved, they would have chosen a broker that couldn?t be linked to them.

Ruppert?s assertion that these trades had to have been monitored by the CIA relies on the assumption that they, regardless of the software they employ, have the manpower to oversee all stock trades in all markets, which is highly questionable. Ruppert has a habit of making the idiotic conclusion that the presence of technology that makes something possible means that it was certainly done.

But suppose, for the sake of argument, that the CIA did know about the put options a week before the 9/11 attacks. By what bizarre calculus should they have interpreted this as a sure sign that a hijacking plot was in the works? And on the following Tuesday morning?

Pugliese, going insane, http://www.completebuffoon.org