[lbo-talk] Atlas Shrugged-The Movie

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Wed May 21 23:47:09 PDT 2003

Too bad we can't make a movie out of Das Kapital...

http://tinyurl.com/cdio

'Atlas Shrugged,' Take Five by Scott Holleran May 18, 2003

HOLLYWOOD (Box Office Mojo) - Fans of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged have heard this one before: the movie rights have been sold and the enduring bestseller is coming to the silver screen.

Admirers of the epic 1957 novel may be skeptical of the news that Beverly Hills-based Crusader Entertainment bought the rights to Rand's story of the mind on strike.

Past attempts to make Atlas Shrugged into a movie have failed, though Crusader president and CEO Howard Baldwin is arguably better prepared than his predecessors. He has read Rand's gigantic novel, he has hired a top screenwriter and -- consistent with Rand's literary philosophy -- he's already thinking larger than life.

"Our goal is to adapt the book without any restrictions," Baldwin said during an exclusive interview with Box Office Mojo from his office in Beverly Hills. Baldwin said it's too early to peg the project as a three-hour movie, a miniseries or even a trilogy. "It may be two movies, it may be three," he teased. "We want to tell Atlas Shrugged properly."

....more at link.... --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]