[lbo-talk] Anti-Semitism, right here at home (Israel)

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Fri May 23 01:41:55 PDT 2003

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=296114&contrassID=2&su bContrassID=15&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

Anti-Semitism, right here at home

By Lily Galili

Not long ago the first Israeli neo-Nazi Internet site was launched. To put it more precisely, it is actually an Israeli site in the Russian language. Who says there are no original productions here? [...] The site is well organized. It has text and pictures showing the activists of the organization, "The White Israeli Union," some of them in Israel Defense Forces uniforms on the background of army camps and saluting with a raised arm. The expanded text is divided into sub-sections. There is one on "Who we are," where the managers of the site introduce themselves as "Ilya from Haifa and Andrei from Arad," and it is related there that the members of the organization are "people who have pride in themselves and are sick of living among the dirty bastards." There is a section on "Who our enemies are," where all the "enemies" are extensively documented: the Jews, the Arabs, the immigrants from all Moslem republics of the former Soviet Union, the Moroccans, the foreign workers - in short, the "black-asses." In the material about the Arabs there is even a practical suggestion to enlist in the IDF in a combat unit, in order to get weapons and begin to shoot at them in every possible circumstance. [...]