[lbo-talk] Re: deflationary spiral

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Fri May 23 20:20:21 PDT 2003

At 07:53 PM 05/23/2003 -0700, Yoshie wrote:
>Economic conditions -- possibly on the brink of a bad deflationary
>spiral -- cry out for politics other than Republican tax cuts for the
>rich and Democratic fiscal prudence. The Green Party probably isn't
>capable of running a campaign to mobilize the potential constituency
>nationwide, though.

I am skeptical about this so called deflationary spiral. Sure looks like "deflation" is the newfound economic WMD. Sure looks like they just want to print money so that they can do whatever they damn well please....regardless of the consequences, which look to me more like inflation and currency collapse than like deflation...in which case I'm up shit creek, being a saver and not owning a house.

Joanna