[lbo-talk] tATu on TV in OZ.....

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 01:45:34 PDT 2003

>From: Thiago Oppermann <thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com>

Presumably for a
>surreal effect, SBS tied this in at the end of a piece on how Russians in
>Latvia are feeling themselves to be a minority and are organising protests.
>I thought the story had a distinctive 'boot in the other foot' spin, which
>was very misplaced and anachronistic.
--- Yup. Russians in the Baltics are treated horribly. I just LOVE when the EU berates Russia for lapses in democracy when something like 40% of the population of the Baltics don't have citizenship and can't vote. Hardy-har-har. The Baltics are a very fucked-up, proto-fascist place.

When Volkova was asked "how do you like Riga?" in the TV interview she answered, "It's a pretty shitty city."

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail