[lbo-talk] tATu on TV in OZ.....

Thiago Oppermann thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com
Sun May 25 18:18:48 PDT 2003

On 26/5/2003 7:55 AM, "lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> wrote:

> Thiago wrote:
>
> I just saw Tatu on Eurovision. They wore jeans and
> T-shirts and looked
> and
> behaved like normal people. Their song was catchy.
> They didn't look
> like
> botox golems. In the weird world of Eurovision, I
> suppose that really
> is a
> scandal.

> Jeezub! That Euovision crap-passing-for-music was
> boring. tATu *did* look normal compared to the array
> plasticized people they had doing the other numbers.
> One exception--the Turkish group (fourth act) seemed
> to have some trace of soul left. At least the beat
> was Turkic and not the same repetitive pablum of the
> Eurovision norm. Anyway, tATu seen, I turned the tube
> off. Fortunately, they were something like seventh in
> the line up twenty-four.
>
> Ahem,
> Mike B)

Well, Turkey won, and they had a pretty good song. I think Tatu made a couple of mistakes. (1) They didn't sink in English (2) their bellies were not visible (3) Russia isn't trying to get membership in the EU. And if you think that's conspiracy talk, ask yourself: how the hell did Latvia get to host the Eurovision?

Thiago