[lbo-talk] Green Party 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue May 27 13:29:58 PDT 2003

> No one is organizing any kind of serious GP national
> structure. As an example, some quite intelligent press
> releases get sent out at the national level, yet there's no
> follow up, no action plan for states, counties, local to
> organize on about that issue. So, the press releases just go
> into a void.

Some time ago, I was marginally involved in the Green's efforts to put Nader on the MD ballot, and called a meeting in Columbia, MD - a dreadful, utterly sterile suburb between Baltimore and DC. The meeting did not materialize because the flyer informing about the meeting had the directions wrong - and navigating through Maryland's suburban wasteland is quite a challenge. I love the Greens dearly, but that anecdoce speaks volumes about their organizing potential.

Wojtek