[lbo-talk] anti-worry talk on the dollar

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 15:51:06 PDT 2003

This is a fascinating piece.

It contains, even as it strives to calm, sufficient information to inspire concern, if not outright alarm.

My favorite moment:

“foreign central banks, mainly from Asia, have emerged as huge buyers of Treasury securities as they intervene to stem the dollar's descent…”

The implication: all is well.

Which would be like me telling my wife that since banks were willing to loan us money and credit card companies more than happy to issue cards, we really needn’t concern ourselves with cash flow or net worth issues ever again.

So stop worrying already and buy that Escalade.