[lbo-talk] Green Party 2004

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu May 29 21:41:16 PDT 2003

Woj:

> > Either that or you can keep banging your head against the wall of
> > ignorance and indifference. One gets what one bargains for. You can
> > bring a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. It looks like
> > most people in this country do not mind being kept on a short leash as
> > long as they are lead by a dumbass who looks and acts like them and
> > wraps himself in the old glory.

> He's not a dumbass, he's downright malevolent. And your cynicism is a
> cop-out. You should become a Chicago Cubs fan.
>

> Ian

The Cubs are in first in the NL Central. They may not stay there, but Woj could do worse. He could be a Tigers fan.

I don't completely share Woj's disdain, but I sure as fuck understand it, and feel it every few days. I know Woj, being a Baltimorean, identifies with Mencken (as his statement above illustrates) -- and I would love to see what Henry Louis would make of the current scene. I don't think it would be far from Woj.

DP