[lbo-talk] Moldova snubs IMF and World Bank

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 05:42:46 PDT 2003

>About three years ago there was a story in the Economist that talked about
>how Moldova had been much better off under the old system. It read like
>something out of Workers Vanguard, and might have been titled
>"Better Under Communism". British provocation aside, Moldova must be one
>festy place.
>
>Thiago

--- Moldova has been ruined. It used to be the winegrowing center of the USSR. Now its main exports are guns, drugs and prostitutes. In 2001, its main official source of revenue was its .md Internet suffix, which it leased to US medical companies. I've been told Chisenau is a nice city though.

Moldova is the first country in history to have a Communist government elected through parliamentary means.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus