Subject: [lbo-talk] Putin gathers world leaders, Iraq clouds clearing

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 06:19:05 PDT 2003

This is to be expected.

Given the US' dominance in killing capacity and ability to 'project power' other nations will, of necessity, accommodate and suck up to Washington.

Up to a point.

Washington's insistence upon being the arbiter of just about any important international matter, it's now totally unveiled hegemonic designs and the bullying style of 'diplomacy' practiced by the Bush admin - the entire program of trying to hold all the cards - guarantees that even as, on the one hand, foreign governments kiss ass and 'ride the tiger's back' talking about fence mending and partnership they will, with the other, make long range plans for the post American dominance period.

It would surprise me if China and Russia weren’t thinking and acting along these lines.

I don't know about the governments of France, Germany and the rest of Rumsfeld's "old Europe." From where I sit, they appear to be waffling back and forth between responding to the wishes of their people and trying to restore the old Euro-American co-global-dominance system of the pre 9-11, pre neo-con ascendance days.

D.