[lbo-talk] The Cubbies

Alan Jacobson alanjacobson at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 11:28:58 PDT 2003

>As an old Michigander I am
>also a Tigers fan . . . But now Tiger Stadium is no
>more, and Tom Moyhanan is an evil fuck. jks

Sorry, wrong pizza chain. Tigers are now owned by Mike Illich (Little Caesars), owner of the Red Wings. The fancy new stadium is a ghost town because the team can't hit the little round ball with the big wooden stick, just like at the old stadium.

Monaghan is still an evil fuck, though. But now that he cashed out his Dominos holding (sold 93% of his ownership in 1998), hes' got lots of time to promote compulsory Catholicism for all of us.

BTW, as a longtime Chicagoan at the time, when the Cubs almost took the division in 1984 I almost peed in my pants I was so excited. And I didn't (and don't) give a rat's ass about baseball. Keep hope alive!

Alan J