[lbo-talk] FDR & the South

npchilds at connect.ab.ca npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Fri May 30 12:59:35 PDT 2003

Well it's nice to see a commentary on Canada - 'Murrican relations where we're NOT the problem. The self flaggelation here (the great white north here 'dat is) is appalling. And it started anew this week when our PM launched into some freestyle ramblings on the way to the G8.

Apparently pointing out that a $500B deficit is an economic bomb waiting to go off, that Bush is 'right wing' and that our PM isn't, only serves to annoy the Americans even more. And apparently we can't have that, since your still upset we didn't help you 'liberate' Iraq. And lets not mention SARS, mad cows and Jim Carrey.

PC

Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: Yes. Abe should have let the South go. US would be a much better place today, even if neighboring a dreadful one to the South. Sort of like Canada and the US today.

Wojtek