[lbo-talk] US vs. Russian democracy

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 06:46:18 PST 2003

>It's interesting to see the outrage! outrage!! that Michail Khodorkovsky's
>arrest has stirred in the West. IMHO, being a billionaire anywhere is ipso
>facto evidence of crimes against society, but the front page of Wall Street
>Journal today sees Khodorkovsky's arrest as a sign Russia "is heading
>toward authoritarianism."

--- They see that every time a wealthy Russian gets targeted. The Western media's worship of mobsters continues. The Washington Post even played the Jew card, saying that Kh. was targeted because he was a Jew. (They also called him "the last oligarch" -- what are Abramovich and Deripaska, chopped liver?)

Look, Kh. made his riches in the Mafia-ridden 1990s. If he's not guilty of embezzlement, fraud, tax evasion, maybe murder, I would be amazed. Nobody in the Western media seems to mention the murder charges.

_________________________________________________________________ Never get a busy signal because you are always connected with high-speed Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers. https://broadband.msn.com