[lbo-talk] US vs. Russian democracy

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:04:50 PST 2003

>Look, Kh. made his riches in the Mafia-ridden 1990s. If he's not guilty of
>embezzlement, fraud, tax evasion, maybe murder, I would be amazed. Nobody
>in the Western media seems to mention the murder charges.

But giving credit where it's due: While The Economist huffs that Khodorkovsky's arrest has "nothing to do with business misdeeds, still less with justice, and everything to do with politics," it does make this frank acknowledgment: "This is not to say that Mr Khodorkovsky, and indeed any of the country's 'oligarchs', are as white as Siberian snow." Zowie, a pretty searing assessment!

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa